Do you have an interest in developing your skills in a more hands on role. We are offering the right person a great opportunity with this Capstan/CNC Machine Shop Apprentice Role. The long-term vision is for you to become an all-round, versatile machine setter/operator, with the right training.
Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 4.30pm with 15 minute morning break and half an hour unpaid lunch.
Total hours per week: 40.00
Tasks will include:
- Problem solving
- Part inspection
- Basic programming skills
- Setting up machines for small batch quantities
- Running machines to complete work effectively
- You will learn all the elements of machining from using lathes, milling machines and computer controlled machines
You will become part of a successful and highly motivated machining team, who always aim to improve quality and lead times through teamwork and efficiencies.
You will learn to be collaborative and open to challenging yourself on how best to complete a task, whether it be streamlining the way you work or finding a different way to achieve the same outcome.
- Team player
- Good work ethic
- Good time keeping
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Able to accept constructive criticism
- Hard working
- Good natured
- Ideally you will have achieved your GCSE Maths and English to at least Grade C/4 or equivalent
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there is the opportunity of permanent employment. The position has room for progression and growth, and with the right training, to manage your own section
Things to consider
- Our apprenticeship scheme gives you the change to really set yourself up with a great career in a fantastic company, whilst earning a wage at the same time
- The course that runs alongside this apprenticeship, may involve spending one day per week at college, but this will be confirmed
About the employer
This company has been in operation for over 40 years, making it Britain’s fastener supplier of choice. It operates in a wide range of industries and hostile environments, specially those operating oil and gas, petrochemicals, defence and construction.
They pride themselves on their ability to create ‘made to deliver’ individual fasteners and solutions quickly and effectively, whilst putting their customer’s needs at the centre of the business. They do this by creating quality goods, to a high standard, on time.
With a mix of unparalleled engineering experience and second to none manufacturing capabilities, they are the go-to fastener supplier in the UK.
|Contract Length:||18 Months|
|Start Date:||May 2022|
|Training Provider:||BCTG Ltd|
|Apprenticeship Standard:||Level 2|