Brief Overview of the Role:
An exciting opportunity to work within a family run business as an Apprentice Mig Welder. In this role you will work with mild steel and use welding techniques to produce fabrications for the rail and construction industries.
What will the Apprentice be Doing?
As an Apprentice Mig Welder some of your duties will include:
- Setting out materials to be cut or joined
- Following engineering instructions and drawings
- Loading components into jig, keeping the area as clean as possible
- Engaging visor and applying weld as per instructions
- Flattening clips as required, as per instructions
- Freeing assembly from jig using the appropriate tools
- Stacking assemblies neatly
- Banding assemblies using the appropriate equipment
- To move complete assemblies using lifting equipment and appropriate manual handling techniques
Experience of welding would be helpful but is not essential as training will be provided.
GCSE English & Maths C/4 or above (or equivalent)
What Training Will be Given:
Level 2 Engineering Operative: Fabrication Pathway
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there may be the possibility of a full-time position. This is at the discretion of the company.
- A positive approach
- Good attention to detail
- Knowledge of Engineering drawings
- Good communication skills
Monday-Thursday 7.30am-4.15pm (30 minutes unpaid lunch)
Friday – 7.30am-12noon
37.5 hrs per week @ £4.81ph = £180.38
Things to Consider:
This position is at the company’s Fountain Lane site. After an initial settling in period, there will be a wage review.
About the Host Employer:
During the duration of the apprenticeship, you will be employed by The Apprenticeship Works, with Hickman and Love being your host employer.
Established in 1938, Hickman and Love Ltd is a family run business. They manufacture and supply steel reinforcement products throughout the UK and Ireland. They are a trusted and respected name in the concrete industry and their highly trained staff are experienced and skilled in the latest welding and steel fabrication techniques, using modern manufacturing equipment. They are committed to providing the best possible quality and service to their customers, and a pleasant working environment for all employees.
|Contract Length:||18 Months|
|Start Date:||November 2022|
|Training Provider:||BCTG Ltd|
|Apprenticeship Standard:||Engineering Level 2|