Brief Overview of the Role:
As one of the largest independent training providers we offer Apprenticeships, further training and many courses nationally. As a business development officer, you will identify new opportunities to generate revenue, raise brand awareness, improve profitability, and help our business grow.
Your work can involve careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, or enhancing the operation of the business, position, or reputation in some way. You will work closely within a BD team, working towards your own goals as well as the overall team.
Duties to include:
- Work towards BCTG Group Key Performance Indicators to reach specific targets/outcomes for the role.
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products, and services.
- Seek out the appropriate contact/lead in an organisation.
- Generate leads and call prospective customers.
- Meet with customers/clients face to face, over the phone or via video conferencing.
- Develop lasting relationships with customers/clients.
- Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively.
- Think strategically to create a constant sales pipeline.
- Accurately complete Employer Agreements, Health and Safety Assessments (Training to be provided) and associated documentation.
- Gain an understanding of existing contracts/funding for selling purposes – adhering to criteria matching for learners
- Have a good understanding of the businesses’ products or services and be able to advise others about them.
- Attend relevant seminars, conferences, and events where appropriate (both virtually and in person when the situation allows)
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the training delivery world.
- Help to plan sales campaigns.
- Be responsible for diary management and effective planning.
- Ensure that all reports and logs are completed in a timely fashion.
- Participate in weekly/monthly sales and marketing meetings.
- Excellent communication
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Decision Making
- Time Management
- IT literate
- Working at pace
- Must have previous experience in a sales environment and or recruitment.
- Must have 4 GCSE’s grade A-C including English and Math’s (or equivalent)
- Must be IT literate.
- Must be personable – networking is crucial to build relations.
Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 16:00pm
Friday 08:00 am – 15:30 pm
Training to be Given:
- IOSH certified is an advantage however for the right candidate this can be arranged as this is required to carry out annual Health & Safety assessments at Employer premises.
- Training will be given in the specific sector to gain an understanding of how the contracts/funding works.
- Training on the Digital Apprenticeship Service and PICS – uploading learner/employer details.
- Various in-house online canvas courses including Equality & Diversity and Safeguarding awareness.
- Training on various systems to support the role.
Things to Consider:
- You must have previous experience within a sales environment or training provider background.
- This role will involve travelling to employer’s premises therefore full UK driving license required.
- We have a lieu policy therefore any extra hours accrued may be taken at an appropriate time.
- Throughout the year we have various careers events that you may be required to attend with colleagues.
- This role is office based in West Bromwich however you will cover North West, East and West Midlands area’s for potential business.
- 3 month probationary period.
About the Employer:
The BCTG Group comprises BCTG Ltd, PTP Training Ltd, BCTG Skill Centre, Eurosource Solutions, Further EPAO, and The Apprenticeship Works.
Together, each year we support over 10,000 young people and adults; and work with over 2100 large and small employers to deliver the skills demanded by business, help improve social mobility and contribute to creating a vibrant regional economy.
|Job Category||Business, Sales|
|Salary/Rate:||£22,000-£24,000 /per annum|