Are you passionate about sport and physical activity? Do you love working with children to make a difference and impact on their learning and wellbeing? Can you be a positive role model to inspire and motivate children? Would you relish the opportunity to work alongside a friendly, supportive and hard-working team? If so, this apprenticeship opportunity may be perfect for you!
This is an excellent opportunity for a flexible, creative and committed individual to join a happy, vibrant and skillful team.
The community Sport and Health Officer (CSHO) Apprentice has an important role to play in improving the health and wellbeing of children, families and communities by delivering fun, inclusive and engaging activities that help to bring about a change in physical activity habits.
The successful applicant will be employed to work under the direct instruction of teaching staff. In brief, the role will be likely to include the following:-
- Carrying out an audit of PE, physical activity, sport and wellbeing related provision.
- Use recognised tools such as Youth Sports Trust Active Schools Planner to develop a needs analysis and baseline data set for the school.
- Working directly with pupils across all key stages.
- Working collaboratively with a wide range of partner organisations.
- Planning activity programmes
- Promotion of active lessons
- Educating pupils about healthy eating and healthy lifestyle choices.
This is just a brief list of duties, full details will be given at interview.
- Excellent communicator
- Well organised and adaptable
- Punctual and reliable
- Basic report writing
- Confident undertaking basic Maths and Literacy tasks with groups of children based on the current national curriculum requirements
- Passionate about working with children and young people
- A positive role model
- Interested in sport and physical activity
- Passion for teaching and learning
- Driven to achieve high levels of performance at all times
- Able to use initiative
- Positive attitude and flexible approach
- Good team player
- Determined and committed to learn and succeed
- Committed to the safeguarding of children
Monday-Friday 8am-4pm. This is the average working week, however this can be agreed with the suitable candidate.
Total hours – 35
Minimum Level 2 qualification in a relevant field
Level 2 NGB Qualification (desirable)
Competent in Literacy and Numeracy to Level 2
Training to be Given:
Level 3 Community Sport & Health Officer
You will be supported in your personal development and provided with the underpinning knowledge, skills and experience for the following:-
- Careers within the Sport Coaching industry
- Careers within the Education sector including Behaviour and Learning Mentors, Teaching Assistants and Primary Teaching
- Potential further employment with the employer
- Opportunity for further education
Candidates successfully achieving this apprenticeship will be eligible to apply for membership with the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) as a Practitioner.
|Job Category||Sport and Health Officer|
|Contract Length:||24 Months|
|Apprenticeship Standard:||Level 3 Community Sport & Health Officer|