This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and detail-orientated individual who would be part of our small despatch team. They will be fully accountable for the whole despatch process, from booking parcels locally to internationally, to producing and checking advice delivery notes through to liaising on a daily basis with our couriers
Duties to include
- Welcome visitors
- Contact visitor host and ensure visitor is cared for until their host is available
- Answer telephone as required and route calls
- Welcome and assist any ‘walk in customers with enquiries by directing to the relevant person
- Deal with any courier drivers collecting orders
- This list of duties is not exhaustive, and the post holder may be asked to carry out other duties through discussion with the line manager
The post holder will do all tasks within his/her level of skill and ability
From Monday to Friday; from 8:30am until 5:00pm (half an hour unpaid lunch).
Total hours per week: 40.00
- Excellent IT skills – Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal communication
- Capable of working efficiently and accurately to tight deadlines in a busy office environment independently as well as in a team
- Ability to think individually and apply reasoning and knowledge to decision making and to solve problems
- Excellent ability to investigate enquires and respond in a timely manner
- Highly motivated
- Demonstrates initiative and contributes ideas
- Flexible, adaptable, and calm when working under pressure
- Team Player
- Must have maths and English grade C/4 or above
After completion of the qualification there may be the possibility of full time employment with this excellent employer.
About the Host Employer
Throughout your apprenticeship you will be directly employed by The Apprenticeship Works and based at the host employer. This specialist manufacturer and supplier of a wide range of non-metallic washers, gaskets, strips, sheeting, seals, insulation and other non-metallic strips and sheets. Supplying local, UK and global businesses with a range of quality stamped components since 1860.
Things to consider
This is a really varied role for the right enthusiastic individual to really show what they can do, with the opportunities to grow and develop.
|Job Category||Business Administration, Customer Service, Manufacturing, Office|
|Contract Length:||18 Months|
|Start Date:||March 2022|
|Job Reference:||TAW/RHN/BA L3|
|Training Provider:||BCTG Ltd|