To work as part of the team to gain the knowledge and experience needed to qualify as an amazing practitioner, working across ages 0-5, and learning the new EYFS.
The role will include supporting staff with creating an educationally enriched environment. Creating equal opportunities for all, and ensuring a diverse environment is provided. The role includes observing and tracking children’s development and setting new next steps to encourage positive outcomes for the children in their care.
The role includes planning activities and putting their plans into practice, as well as evaluating and reflecting on their practice. We are a small nursery looking for caring and passionate individuals to join our team.
- Deliver rich learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps young children to develop
- Plan and provide effective care, teaching and learning that enables children to progress and prepare them for school
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children
- Work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers, other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children
- Make accurate and effective use of assessment reflecting the needs, interests and stages of development of the individual children
- Has a child focussed approach to all practice
- Commitment to training and professional development
- Commitment to equality
- Ability to be imaginative in providing activities for children
- Commitment to working in partnership with parents/carers
- Has a good understanding of children’s individual needs
- Flexible working
- Ability to work as part of a team and under own initiative
- Ability to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to reflect and develop their professional development
- Driven and Passionate
English and Maths Grade 4/C or above
Level 2 or 3 qualified
Training to be provided
- Health and Safety
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner or for the right candidate Level 3 Early Years Educator.
- Functional Skills if applicable.
About the employer
First Steps Kindergarten, established in 1992, we are a family run business, dedicated to developing and nurturing children, capitalising on their learning ability. The atmosphere of our kindergarten is calm and friendly. We believe your child will grow through thoughtful nurture, with staff that are caring and professional.
|Job Category||Child Care, Early Years, Nursery|
|Salary/Rate||£192.40 per week|
|Contract Length:||18 Months|
|Start Date:||April 2022|
|Training Provider:||BCTG Ltd|
|Apprentice Standard:||Early years practitioner|