This is a fantastic opportunity to understand and promote children’s play. To ensure that the care of children meets requirements set by EYSF and Ofsted. To help to provide a stimulating and varied play environment for the children, including the promotion of positive attitudes, equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice.
- Assisting with the full care of children i.e. ensuring that their physical needs (food and personal hygiene) are met
- Assisting with safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities, preparing activities within a stimulating environment
- To be aware of responsibilities in respect of promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children, and work alongside others to ensure that this is achieved
- Assisting with the provision of healthy nutritional snacks and meals
- Assisting the Room Supervisor with daily record keeping
- Observation and assessment of key children, once delegated
- Administering First Aid, as appropriate
- Undertake training as appropriate
- Carry out responsibilities and activities within an equal opportunities framework
- Work within the settings Policies and Procedures
- To be coherent with the EYFS and work with Supervisors, Management and others to ensure they are fully adhered to
- Any other duties as may be reasonably expected of the post holder
7.30am – 6.30pm Monday – Friday. Shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 40.00
- Willingness to undertake an NVQ Level 2 Early Years Educator
- Experience of working with children 0-5 years, or genuine desire to learn to
- An understanding of good quality childcare and willingness to continuously improve standards
- Desirable but not essential: Current First Aid Certificate / Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Eagerness to learn and progress
- Ability to use judgement and common sense
- Ability to work as a team
- A commitment to equal opportunities
- Ability to assist and facilitate safe, creative play
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to meet children’s individual needs
GCSE or equivalent English and maths at a pass grade.
Hopefully leading to full time job for the right apprentice
Things to consider
Role subject to a clear DBS check.
About the employer
Auckland house day nursery has held a special place in our heart since it opened in 2009. The nursery is located in a leafy suburb close to Sefton Park. There is easy parking available and the nursery is close to transport links on a route into the city Centre.
We are proud to provide dynamic, exciting and supportive early years services to children and families. We continually strive to achieve and maintain the highest standards in early years, in a supportive, caring and welcoming nursery.
We provide exceptional early years care in a safe, nurturing and fulfilling environment whist inspiring children to grow and reach their full potential through key skills and values.
The nursery consists of six beautiful rooms and two outdoor areas that are inviting and filled with inspiring resources to provoke children’s learning. With provision for 0-3 year olds, highly committed, qualified and caring practitioners and dedicated management, our children are fully supported in their learning at every stage of their development.
Auckland House team work hard and continuously strives for improvement in order to meet the needs of the children, supporting them to “Learn, Enjoy and Flourish”.
|Job Category||Child Care, Early Years, Nursery|
|Salary/Rate||£192.40 per week|
|Contract Length:||18 Months|
|Start Date:||April 2022|
|Training Provider||BCTG Ltd|
|Apprentice Standard:||Early Years Level 2|