Are you looking for an exciting role in Childcare? This opportunity gives you the chance to provide care and education for children between the ages of 0 – 5 years and to offer a stimulating and nurturing environment.
You will work as part of the team to gain the knowledge and experience needed to qualify as an Early Years Educator.
The role will include supporting staff with creating an educationally enriched environment. Creating equal opportunities for all, and ensuring a diverse environment is provided. The role includes observing and tracking children’s development and setting new next steps to encourage positive outcomes for the children in your care. You will also help to plan activities and put the plans into practice, as well as assisting in the completion of observation/reports and the children’s daily diaries.
Duties to include
- Deliver rich learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps young children to develop
- Plan and provide effective care, teaching and learning that enables children to progress and prepare them for school
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children
- Work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers, other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children
- Make accurate and effective use of assessment reflecting the needs, interests and stages of development of the individual children
7.30am – 6.30pm Monday – Friday.
Shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 40.00
- Commitment to equality
- Ability to be imaginative in providing activities for children
- Commitment to working in partnership with parents/carers
- Has a good understanding of children’s individual needs
- Willingness to undertake an NVQ Level 2 Early Years Educator
- Experience of working with children 0-5 years, or genuine desire to learn to
- An understanding of good quality childcare and willingness to continuously improve standards
- Desirable but not essential: Current First Aid Certificate / Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Eagerness to learn and progress
- Ability to use judgement and common sense
- Ability to work as a team
- A commitment to equal opportunities
- Ability to communicate at all levels
English and Maths Grade 4/C or above
Potentially leading to a full time position for the right candidate.
Training to be provided
- Health and Safety
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills if applicable
About the employer
Bradley Barns Nursery is set on a working dairy farm in the small quiet village of Bradley near Malpas, Whitchurch.
They are in an idyllic rural environment with nothing but beautiful surroundings of peaceful countryside.
At Bradley Barns Nursery, they not only provide the highest standard of nursery care and education, but also a unique outdoors environment in which children are actively encouraged to explore, learn and interact with others.
|Job Category||Child Care, Early Years, Nursery, Nursery Practitioner|
|Contract Length:||18 Months|
|Expected Start Date:||April 2022|
|Training Provider:||BCTG Ltd|
|Apprenticeship Standard:||Early Years Practitioner Level 2|