Quality & Technical Assistant Apprentice (TAW187)
Are you looking to start your career by doing an Apprenticeship? If so, this could be the perfect start for you. You will be working as part of the Technical & Quality team for Voestalpine High Performance Metals Limited, primarily attached to the Aerospace Division, to ensure that customer service is maintained at a World Class Standard. You will be concerned mostly with administrative aspects of the Aerospace Division, assisting with critical overchecks of material certifications and contract reviews as well as some administrative activities, training for all activities will be given.
This position is for the ambitious person who has a critical eye and a “can do” attitude.
Key Responsibilities will Include:
- Assist with Aerospace quality administration functions.
- Assist with contract review and certification checks activities and deal with any quality issues generated to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Liaise with our sales team and fellow engineers to ensure customer requirements are being met whilst carrying out overchecks.
- Carry out administrative duties as required within the quality-aerospace department.
- Have a flexible work attitude to help cover within the technical department where deemed capable when required.
- Follow the training you received when using any work items given to you.
- Take reasonable care of your own and other people’s health and safety.
- Co-operate with your employer on health and safety.
- Tell someone (supervisor, or health and safety representative) if you think the work or inadequate precautions are putting anyone’s health and safety at serious risk.
- Support the company with environmental initiatives and any compliance issues.
- Consistent solid business ethics and integrity
- The ability to work on their own initiative as business experience is gained, be pro-active rather than reactive
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to details
- The ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to work with personnel at all levels
- Tact and the ability to deal with difficult situations and difficult individuals
- Numerical and IT skills
- Good team player willing to share their experience and knowledge with colleagues.
The right candidate would ideally have 5 GCSE’s, or equivalent, including Maths and English, at grades C/4 or above. Also 2 A Levels, or equivalent, preferably in science-based subjects.
Quality Practitioner Level 4
*Monday-Thursday 8.30am-4.30pm (30 minute unpaid lunch). Friday 8.30am-1.30pm
*Please note – the exact working pattern is to be agreed, this is just an example.
35 hours per week. However, you may often need to work extra hours but there will be flexibility on exact working times.
Your role will be office based, although you may be travelling to visit other companies, customers, suppliers and/or to attend training, meetings and conferences.
This is a really varied role for the right enthusiastic person to really show what they can do, with opportunities to grow.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, a full time permanent position may be offered. This will be at the discretion of the company.
About the Company
For the duration if the apprenticeship you will be employed by The Apprenticeship Works, with Voestalpine High Performance Metals Ltd being the host company.
Voestalpine High Performance Metals Ltd are a subsidiary located in Oldbury in the West Midlands. They focus on technologically demanding product segments and are a UK market leader in speciality steels, tool steel, tube and piping products, and for providing value added services such as machining, milling, testing and additive manufacturing. They have many years’ experience of nurturing and developing Apprentices with many going onto higher opportunities.
The safe recruitment of staff at BCTG/TAW is the first step to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in education and vulnerable adults, this is to help deter, reject, or identify people who might put our learners at risk and are otherwise unsuited to working with them.
|Job Category||Quality Practitioner|
|Contract Length:||18 Months|
|Start Date:||April 2023|
|Training Provider:||In-comm Training|
|Apprenticeship Standard:||Quality Practitioner L4|